Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Darling Alteration: Coral High Low Maxi Skirt

As you can obviously see I am in the 'high low' obsession stage because of my previous post of my white high low tank dress and now... a coral high low maxi skirt! I looove the elegant and whimsical effect and I cannot get enough of it. I found this maxi skirt while shopping that was a size 24W for $4 (I could not say no)-- I knew it would not fit but of course an alteration was in store for this beautiful coral maxi skirt.



Before:


Here is the picture of the cutting process to make the high low effect I promised I would take a photo of from my previous high low post. The seam you see is the side of the skirt. I am such a little shortie (5'1") that I started my cut very high in the front of the skirt making the length high above the knees to elongate my legs. Remember to cut a little at a time until it fits you well or when you finally achieve the appropriate length.



So very simple and once the skirt is cut you can start sewing up the edges. Since it was a size 24w I had to also alter the waist. Instead of cutting away at the fabric to make the skirt smaller, I used an elastic band and inserted it inside the fabric of the waist to add more ripples in the skirt giving it a more playful flow.

The impeccable results:


I paired this pretty coral high low maxi skirt with a cream lace top and a brown skinny belt. I am also wearing bronze and forest green gem drop chandelier earrings but you cannot see it clearly in the photo because my hair is covering it up. Oops.





A fabulous outfit to go shopping in or on a romantic evening out. ♥


5 wonderful thoughts:

  1. You make me EVER so excited to get my sewing machine back :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I am so glad to hear! That is amazing! Sewing is such an incredible outlet. I'd love to see your finished designs when you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I love what you did with this skirt- now it looks more fresh and interesting! And the way you paired it with whote blouse is just classy!
    Ann
    http://somethingsworthtrying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and who knew it would be so easy too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena