Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Marvelous Accessories DIY: Wire Rings

Thin stacked rings are the new rage and I have fallen victim to them. As I was browsing on the web I found this amazing blog which inspired me to do this project: wire rings! Check out her incredible blog I Spy DIY! It's somewhat similar to thin stacked rings and very cute when you make several of them.

I created this heart ring which was inspired from Jenni's blog. Visit her blog to find the tutorial. Afterwards, I experimented a little bit and created the swirl rings.




So, I shall show you how to make the swirl rings. I used 20 gauge aluminum wire I bought from Hobby Lobby for $2, long nose pliers to bend the wire, and diagonal pliers to cut it.



First, cut a piece of wire about four times the circumference of your finger since you want extra wire than not enough wire. Use your pliers to twist one small swirl. The aluminum wire I purchased was really easy to bend so I used my hands to complete the swirls after I did the first one with the pliers.


Try it on your finger you wish to wear it on and adjust the wire to fit your finger. Use your pliers again to make a little swirl for the back of the ring to complete it.


And finished! So simple and easy to make that I made two.





I purchased bronze wire as well so I'm excited to experiment some more with these wires and turn them into amazing accessoriesss!










21 wonderful thoughts:

  1. I am such a sucker for unique rings. Usually when I see something elaborate, they don't look quite as dainty and thin. Thanks for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you !
    This looks cute, nice diy c:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and easy DIY! Love this!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww...cute rings, and awesome DIY, you're so creative! Great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin’? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rings!great blog. What about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!!!! I’m following you back now on GFC and bloglovin (#3)...and I clicked the "♥like button" on all your posts, to show my appreciation ;)
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! i will def try this, thanks for the diy :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool diy! I think I will try it, I don't have many rings. Thanks for visiting my blog <3

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Great idea and beautiful rings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Pam
    www.pammowerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I like it!!! thank you so much for your visit!!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now!
    Want us to follow( like) by facebook? let me know...Have a good week! and my G+ for you...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute DIY. I love the new trend of knuckle rings too! super cute tutorial!!
    -Jasmine O.

    ChicSinCity.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. so nice here :) so many fashion inspirations! I am a new follower :)

    http://kamikastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for stopping by! Have great week<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  15. I went back to your blog!! :) And follow your dear. I absolutely love your creativity!

    xx
    snowwhite90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!love the idea.

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. those are gorgeous! especially the love heart one

    definitely giving this a try when i have some spare time xo

    http://www.allthingskirpy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loooove it!
    ♥♥♥♥♥

    please, check out my blog
    4-trendy.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So unique, what a great idea. Might have to try this!

    Please stop by, A Day In The Life Of Mel: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    New to blogging so would love a comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena